Fee: $35 for 1 two hour class
Dates: Sunday, July 28, 2-4pm
This is the third in the series of getting to know Brioche. This is the project we have been working toward: creating a complex, exquisite fabric that is beautiful on both sides. This makes it perfect for scarves, shawls or jacket borders: anything that might show the back side. We will knit one of the scarves by Nancy Marchant, the guru of Brioche knitting.
What you’ll learn:
- How to work complex, twisting shapes in 2 color Brioche.
- How to read Brioche charts.
- Several Brioche increases and decreases and how they create shapes.
- Several cast ons appropriate for Brioche knitting.
- Several bind offs appropriate for Brioche knitting.
Prerequisites: Comfortable with all the skills learned in Class 2
- Scrap yarn to practice cast on and bind off methods as well as decreases and increases.
- Any of 3 scarf patterns.
- The Icicle scarf pattern is available in “Knitting Fresh Brioche” by Nancy Marchant. It can be purchased at your local book store, through Amazon, or through Ravelry.
- The Willow scarf pattern is available in “Knitting Fresh Brioche” by Nancy Marchant. It can be purchased at your local book store, through Amazon, or through Ravelry
- The Carmine and Rocko scarf pattern is available through Ravelry.
- 2 colors of fingering weight yarn appropriate for selected pattern.
- Needles of appropriate size for selected yarn, either short circular or long double points. Crochet hook
- Cable needle
- Tapestry Needle
Homework: With scrap yarn, cast on approximately 20 stitches. Knit several rows of stockinette to use in practicing flat 2 color brioche and the new increase and decrease methods.
*** Please note that all yarn must be purchased at Knit This Purl That! 10 % off supplies for all classes.