INSTRUCTOR: Louisa LEVEL: Intermediate FEE: $35.00/2 hour class
Sunday, January 26, 2-4pm
Let’s Learn Brioche Series - Lesson 2 - Two Color Hat
This is the second in the series of getting to know Brioche. Brioche comes into its own when you introduce two colors: it is beautiful on both sides unlike stranded work or intarsia with all its woven in ends.
What you’ll learn:
- The Brioche purl stitch.
- How to work the Brioche stitch in the round
- How to work 2 color Brioche
- 2 basic ways to decrease in Brioche
- How to “tink” the brioche purl stitch and the decrease stitches
Prerequisites: Comfortable with all the skills learned in Class 1 or from prior experience knitting the Brioche stitch.
- Bring scrap yarn and needles for practice
- 175 yard each of 2 colors of worsted weight yarn.
- 16” circular needles size 5 or size to get gauge of 20 stitches=4 inches in Brioche stitch.
- Double pointed needles size 5 or size to get gauge.
- Crochet hook
- Cable needle
- Tapestry Needle
Homework: Cast on loosley 88 stitches in the background color, join and knit 5 rounds to create the rolled brim of the hat.*** Please note that all yarn must be purchased at Knit This Purl That! 10 % off supplies for all classes.