Sunday, April 14, 2-4pm
Instructor: Louisa Level: Adv. Beginner
Get started with colorwork with these intarsia mitts. These cute and easy fingerless mitts are the perfect project to learn how to knit using 2 or more colors in a single row. The intarsia technique does not leave loose strands across the wrong side. It does not make you trap or use repeating designs. You can do vertical color bands not just horizontal!!!
- Keeps your hands warm.
- It is unisex and looks awesome on both women and men.
- Great for texting!
Prerequisites: Know how to cast on, and knit and purl.
What you will learn:
How to cast on with 2 colors
How to work in 2 colors using the intarsia method
- 1skein of fingering weight yarn for the body of the mitts
- 1 or 3 additional small balls of fingering for colorwork.
- US #2/2.75mm straight or circular needles
- Darning needle to sew up side
Homework: Download FREE pattern on Ravelry.com: Future ’71 by Lindsey Felice*** Please note that all yarn must be purchased at Knit This Purl That! 10 % off supplies for all classes.