Fee: $35 for 1 two hour class
Dates: Sunday, August 25, 2-4pm
This incredible hat is fully reversible as well as beautiful. Double knitting is wonderful for creating scarves, shawls, cowls or anything that shows both sides. The technique creates two layers of fabric joined at every point where the color changes. All the strands are completely hidden inside those layers.
Prerequisites: Be comfortable knitting, purling and following color charts. Although it is not necessary, you will find the work much easier if you can also work with yarn in either hand: knit using both American and continental knitting techniques
What you will learn:
- to work a double knit fabric
- How to cast on with 2 colors for use in double knitting
- 190 yard each of 2 with sufficient contrast to clearly outline shapes in the other
- Size 0 16” circular neeldes or size to get 25 stitches X 35 rows in double knitting stockinette. (Note: I recommend not trying to use DPN’s or magic loop until you are comfortable with this technique.)
- Size 0 DPN’s.OR size 0 40” circular needles for magic loop.
Homework: purchace the Chrysanthemum Hat pattern by Mirielgw on Ravelry.
*** Please note that all yarn must be purchased at Knit This Purl That! 10 % off supplies for all classes.