Fee: $35 for 1 two hour classes
Meets Sat, April 15, 2-4 pmDescription:
The Brioche stitch looks much like a fluffy version of a k1p1 rib and you may have dismissed it as way too much work for a simple rib. BUT it really comes into its own when worked in two colors: it’s beautiful on both sides. It also makes amazing reversible cables, honeycomb stitches and multi color patterns.
We’ll create a scarf using the Brioch Knit stitch. This is the first of 4 projects to get confident with this extraordinary stitch.
What you’ll learn:
1) The Brioche knit stitch. How to knit it and understand how its formed.
2) How to “tink” the brioche knit stitch.
3) How to fix a dropped brioch YO.
4) How to rip and recover.
5) How to fix a mistake a row down.
Prerequisite: Know how to cast on, and knit and purl and be confident in repairing standard knitted mistakes.
1) Bring scrap yarn of any weight that is not slippery and that is firmly plied. Avoid any yarns with a loose twist or that are “splitty.” Varigated yarns can make it easier to see the various “parts” of the stitch as we try to understand the structure we are creating.
2) For the scarf, approximately 400 yards of worsted weight wool (not superwash) is a good choice. If you prefer sport or DK, you should get approximately 500 yards. Note: you will probably be working with your scrap yarn during this class.
3) Knitting needles one or two sized smaller than those recommended for the yarn.
4) Crochet hook.
5) Cable needle.
*** Please note that all yarn must be purchased at Knit This Purl That! 10 % off supplies for all classes.